Brick Cancelled

Anonymous Hockey Discussions.

Brick Cancelled

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 am

Brick officially canceled. Maybe this tournament will go away permanently.
2 x

Re: Brick Cancelled

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:52 am

Let's hope so. Every adult associated with this is way too into 10 year old boys. I don't mean in a gross way, but, these kids are 10 year old athletes and that means nothing. Coaches, parents, associations, and the tourney sponsors themselves are just way too into hyping these kids who now have nowhere to go but down. And please stop with the great experience bs. I had one of three boys make this team. It was for sure fun. But we've had as much or better family experiences when an entire week didn't center around one kid. For a year after we had to remind him that he wasn't all that.
16 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:13 am

yeah looking back the brick is pretty lame.
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:22 am

10' dads are in denial!!!
3 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 am

It was a 10k vacation in Edmonton. Several kids aren't even playing hockey anymore from my kids year (06)
5 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:11 am

Guest wrote:It was a 10k vacation in Edmonton. Several kids aren't even playing hockey anymore from my kids year (06)

Was it worth going to you?
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 am

It was fine, but I would not do it again.
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:It was a 10k vacation in Edmonton. Several kids aren't even playing hockey anymore from my kids year (06)

Was it worth going to you?

We did some sight seeing and such, but in retrospect no. It was really easy to fall into the hype associated with it.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:55 pm

I thought that being on the Brick team was a great experience. The actual tournament was exciting and fun - the excitement, watching the other teams play, being on the livestream with the announcers, the MVP trophies, the number of current and former NHL players involved, etc. But that is only part of the experience.

I enjoyed all the pre-Brick practices and tournaments as much or more than the actual Brick tournament. If memory serves, we went to several such tournaments, most but not all in Toronto, to get ready. Seeing all those elite players playing together make for some great hockey, and it was eye opening to see how much talent is out there.

The whole deal cost me a fraction of the 10k people keep using.
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Perhaps, but if you review the rosters of past Brick teams (not just from Detroit, but all of them) you will find numerous players who play or played in the NTDP, OHL, USHL, NAHL and/or who have been or will be drafted by NHL teams..

I concede that the Detroit teams typically perform poorly. But it seems to me Detroit has, on average, done about as well as any other US-based team. And how can anyone compete with the Bulldogs?
0 x

Return to “Michigan Hockey 2021... because 2021 cant get here fast enough!”