Brick Cancelled

Anonymous Hockey Discussions.

Re: Brick Cancelled

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am

Guest wrote:The Brick was just another Spring/Summer tournament. The majority of the cost is the transportation and lodging. The part that I disliked is that there are always players who do not belong and Detroit never really competes or is a contender because of that. The last few teams to go have struggled and claim it is about the experience not about winning.

Primarily good for daddy's ego, with very little long lasting gratification or reward as it relates to the kids.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:08 am

Agreed, the brick is all about the parents
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:20 am

Brick was the best tournament i've ever been to, the main problem with the Detroit team winning is the coaches from LC they were not there to win they were there to just have fun and play their players , A LC recruiting tool, they didn't play the best goalie most of the time and the guy running the gate had his bender out there the whole time Detroit teams had more talent than most, but they sat on the bench in favor of LC players who were truly not as talented. But is a really great experience.
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Guest wrote:Brick was the best tournament i've ever been to, the main problem with the Detroit team winning is the coaches from LC they were not there to win they were there to just have fun and play their players , A LC recruiting tool, they didn't play the best goalie most of the time and the guy running the gate had his bender out there the whole time Detroit teams had more talent than most, but they sat on the bench in favor of LC players who were truly not as talented. But is a really great experience.

There is some truth in this - the dads running the door, the LC influence, etc. Seems to me that the Detroit team would benefit if the team was run more like the Bulldogs. That said, a team from Michigan (or from Illinois, PA, California, etc) will always have trouble with the two Toronto teams.
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 pm

yawn. move on douchebags.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:02 pm

Guest wrote:The Brick was just another Spring/Summer tournament. The majority of the cost is the transportation and lodging. The part that I disliked is that there are always players who do not belong and Detroit never really competes or is a contender because of that. The last few teams to go have struggled and claim it is about the experience not about winning.

There's 3 kids on KV 13s that should have walked onto that team with no hesitation but they all didn't get a call back because they don't suck up to the coaches like everyone on the east side does
0 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:06 pm

Guest wrote:

There's 3 kids on KV 13s that should have walked onto that team with no hesitation but they all didn't get a call back because they don't suck up to the coaches like everyone on the east side does

There’s not a single player on KV worth a shit
4 x

Return to “Michigan Hockey 2021... because 2021 cant get here fast enough!”