Brick Cancelled

Anonymous Hockey Discussions.

Re: Brick Cancelled

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:14 pm

Guest wrote:I thought that being on the Brick team was a great experience. The actual tournament was exciting and fun - the excitement, watching the other teams play, being on the livestream with the announcers, the MVP trophies, the number of current and former NHL players involved, etc. But that is only part of the experience.

I enjoyed all the pre-Brick practices and tournaments as much or more than the actual Brick tournament. If memory serves, we went to several such tournaments, most but not all in Toronto, to get ready. Seeing all those elite players playing together make for some great hockey, and it was eye opening to see how much talent is out there.

The whole deal cost me a fraction of the 10k people keep using.

Just what would that fraction be...7/10 = 7 grand? The entire Brick experience from beginning to end is no cheap dollar ride. I know parents that spent over 10K - that's the honest truth!
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Dear 3:55. Please read 8:52. They are talking about you. You are the problem.
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:17 pm

Guest wrote:Dear 3:55. Please read 8:52. They are talking about you. You are the problem.

He will never get it.
3 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Guest wrote:I thought that being on the Brick team was a great experience. The actual tournament was exciting and fun - the excitement, watching the other teams play, being on the livestream with the announcers, the MVP trophies, the number of current and former NHL players involved, etc. But that is only part of the experience.

I enjoyed all the pre-Brick practices and tournaments as much or more than the actual Brick tournament. If memory serves, we went to several such tournaments, most but not all in Toronto, to get ready. Seeing all those elite players playing together make for some great hockey, and it was eye opening to see how much talent is out there.

You, sir, are one dumb fudge.
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 pm

We spoke with several former Brick families before accepting the spot. These people uniformly reported that they thought it was a good, fun experience that was well worth the time and money. My kid, who has played in numerous prestigious tournaments and events in two different sports, still says that the whole Brick experience was his favorite and most memorable sports event.

Will playing on the team, or performing well at the tournament, mean anything at all five years later at the junior drafts, or 8 years later at the NHL draft? Nope. But we enjoyed the tournament and prep and would do it again in a heartbeat.

My advice for those considering an opportunity to play on the Brick team? Talk to the people who actually played in, or took their kids to the tournament. They can offer an informed, trustworthy opinion. I would give less credit to someone who declined a spot and would completely ignore the naysaying from people whose kids didn't make the team. Their opinions mean nothing at all, and are likely tainted by sour grapes.
7 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Guest wrote:

Just what would that fraction be...7/10 = 7 grand? The entire Brick experience from beginning to end is no cheap dollar ride. I know parents that spent over 10K - that's the honest truth!

Much less than 7k. Regardless, if 10K is a big deal for you ... perhaps you should have studied harder in school.
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:22 pm

By the way, when I report that we spent far less than 7 k, I should note that we didn't take the whole family. Just me and the player. No way would I make the whole family tag along to an event like this. How boring for them. The family could, and did, watch the games on TV at home.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:42 pm

This thread is filled with brick cuts - its an awesome experience for your kid and family - doesnt mean hes going to the NHL but life is about experiences, this is a good one
5 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:51 pm

Guest wrote:This thread is filled with brick cuts - its an awesome experience for your kid and family - doesnt mean hes going to the NHL but life is about experiences, this is a good one

Holy crap! NOW I know, finally, what life is about. You are just the best.
5 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:17 pm

The Brick was just another Spring/Summer tournament. The majority of the cost is the transportation and lodging. The part that I disliked is that there are always players who do not belong and Detroit never really competes or is a contender because of that. The last few teams to go have struggled and claim it is about the experience not about winning.
1 x

Return to “Michigan Hockey 2021... because 2021 cant get here fast enough!”