04 raiders

Anonymous Hockey Discussions.

04 raiders

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Any word on the 04 Raiders? Looking to move to a Howe 1 team, I know they struggled last year but might be an opportunity for my boy. Have they improved?
1 x

Re: 04 raiders

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:57 pm

A little rough around the edges. Some decent skill, I heard they had both goalies quit mid season last year.
1 x

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:48 am

Guest wrote:Any word on the 04 Raiders? Looking to move to a Howe 1 team, I know they struggled last year but might be an opportunity for my boy. Have they improved?

Many teams struggled to win last season, the season before last and so on.
Also many teams try to feed parents egos by placing their teams in divisions where they won’t compete. I think having two goalies quitting looks pretty bad, but who knows the real story. Was it a team culture issue, team chemistry issue, or was it just a team in the wrong division. I also think that many teams are going to look very different than last season due to high school taking players.
Take your boy to meet the coaches and team. Might be a good time to jump from H4 to H1.
Good luck finding credible feedback on any team on this site.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:10 pm

They will have to play-in to stay at Howe 1 after last season... goalie situation is questionable.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 pm

They picked up a good goalie for spring. No one will say what chased the two away last season. They have a few parent coaches so you are competing with their kids for ice time. I don't see Howe 1.
1 x

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Guest wrote:They will have to play-in to stay at Howe 1 after last season... goalie situation is questionable.

Sorry, but a play in for Howe 1 is ridicules. Not saying that you're wrong, just that it shouldn't happen.
1 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 am

As a parent of a player that’s been on the team since it started, I can tell you that this team is very close. I’m sure I’m going to get bashed, but the coach doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Obviously, we lost two goalies mid season and the team could have just hung there heads and fallen apart. The team used it as motivation and finished very strong. All I will tell you about the goalies is the first goalie left to concentrate on a different sport, and the second was doctors orders. The HC has also made the tough decisions this spring to bring in better talent. This team is more then a hockey team to my son, and we love being apart of the raiders. I suggest you talk to the coach, he’s very approachable and is up front and honest.
2 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 am

This team has been together since mite for the most part. The core of this team has some awesome parents and kids but they should be a much tighter hockey TEAM by now. In my observation the decisions the coach has to make should have more to do with character building than talent building. They have a couple of selfish, low character players that are there for themselves, which can really hold a team back and kill the culture. A tight team has to be tight for the right reasons. As for the goalies leaving I don't buy the reasons given here.
5 x

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 pm

And here we go... the team was formed as first year peewee’s, and every kid was in house except 2 when it started. You must know the team pretty well.
1 x

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 am

The previous 3 posts are all 'right' with a little grey-space; the team was formed as a house team and moved together to travel at 1st yr PeeWee. They added back a goalie that was cut from the raiders 2 years ago and are still using the '05 goalie that bailed them out last year. There are some really nice families and some that are not. There are some really nice kids and some that are not.

Not utopia, not hockey hell, somewhere in-between like most teams.
5 x

Return to “Michigan Hockey”