2010 Downriver Wings

Anonymous Hockey Discussions.

Re: 2010 Downriver Wings

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 am

Never heard of the guy.
Anyone that thinks this is good for kids this age should be jailed.
This is the perfect way to have these kids out of hockey by 13.
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 7:45 am

Guest wrote:So if I want to give my 7 or 8 year old player the chance to become a future elite player, i should expect to commit him to 7.5 hours per week of on-ice practice and off-ice conditioning, plus games, pre- and post locker room time, travel time, etc while in 2nd or 3rd grade? Just wondering if this is a widely held opinion of what it takes starting at that age to develop into a future elite player.

I apologize to the coach who started this thread, I didn’t intend to set his thread about his team off track with my question, and I certainly didn’t mean to have people start bashing him. My question was generic and not specific to his team. I will start a new thread.
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 am

The only issue I have is skating all summer. So much for developing althetes by playing other sports. Most higher level coaches at AAA, HS and college want well rounded hockey players that play other sports. Being a hockey only centric player at 8yrs old hinders development of differnet muscle groups and athletic ability.

Im sure this will be a good team, the the fact remaints that over 0.0% of 8yr olds play in the NHL or college, let them have a fun summer and enjoy the game. JMO
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:So if I want to give my 7 or 8 year old player the chance to become a future elite player, i should expect to commit him to 7.5 hours per week of on-ice practice and off-ice conditioning, plus games, pre- and post locker room time, travel time, etc while in 2nd or 3rd grade? Just wondering if this is a widely held opinion of what it takes starting at that age to develop into a future elite player.

I don’t think he said that’s what it takes. I think he said that’s what his particular approach is. It seemed pretty clear that if you were interested in this approach he was willing to facilitate that as a volunteer coach, and if not, he said good luck to you and your player.

Got it!
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

(RUN)
0 x

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 1:27 pm

This is what’s wrong with youth sports.
4 x

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 2:19 pm

(RUN)
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 12:22 am

Obviously, some people need to post opinion's and assume they know me or my goal for each of my player's.
You may don't have heard of me, before. So, you can speak about me as you wish. I doesn't take away, my commit to each of my player's; I coach or have coached. I'm 100% committed to their welfare on and off the ice. I'm not a coach that only coaches the best player's. In fact, I allowed the other team to pick their player's. The organization, gave me the kid's that are on my team. I didn't even seem them skate once! So, I guess! I'm a horrible or arrogant coach, because, I don't need the best player's to make them elite player's! I need kid's that want to get better and parents wishing the same for their kid's. To someone's earlier comment about being a paid coach! That is not me! I coach a game that I love, to kid's that have the same feeling for the game. It's ridiculous, to except money to coach. Unless, your a skills coach offer improvement to a team.
F.Y.I. I spend my weekend mornings at sticks and pucks with any kid that asks me for help.
To the individual that posted ( RUN ), as well as, the other's that post your opinion's. I appreciate, your concerns!
This is what is wrong to do to any team! I would never attack or belittle myself or my team. But, I felt I needed to correct a few thoughts on some post's.
Thank you, for your post' s.
I wish you and your player's much success.
1 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 12:26 am

Hope your coaching is better then your proof reading...embarrassing writing..
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 am

Guest wrote:Obviously, some people need to post opinion's and assume they know me or my goal for each of my player's.
You may not know of me. I doesn't take away, my commitment to each of my player's; I coach or have coached. I'm 100% committed to improve the kid's. I'm not a coach that only coaches the best player's.
In fact, I allowed the other team, to pick their player's. The organization, dratfed the kid's that are on the team. I didn't even see them skate. So, I guess! I'm a horrible or arrogant coach! Right?? Because, I don't need the best player's! Perhaps, I want to give all kid's a chance to become elite player's!
To someone's earlier comment:
about being a paid coach! That is not me! I coach a game that I love. I'm fortunate to have kid's that have the same feeling for the game. It's ridiculous, to except money to coach. Unless, your a skills coach offer improvement to a team. Even when i was a Goalie Coach, I never charged anyone! This is a joke!
F.Y.I.
I spend my own money to buy things for the kid's to keep the cost cheap on my parent's! I also, spend my weekend mornings! at sticks and pucks with any kid that asks me for help. It doesn't matter if their on my team. I want all kid's to improve! It is a great tool in their lives to know they accomplished something that was impossible at first to them. It helps them in life! Because, they pushed through and achieved and accomplish a goal in something. I set goals for my player's! I congratulate them when they achieve success and I encourage them not to give up if they are strangling. Yes, they're kid's! But, nothing wrong in helping them get better so, the game is fun!
To the individual that posted ( RUN ), as well as, the other's that post your opinion's. I appreciate, your concerns!
This is what is wrong to do to any team! I would never attack or belittle myself or my team. But, I felt I needed to correct a few thoughts on some post's.
Thank you, for your post's.
I wish you and your player's much success.
0 x

Return to “Michigan Hockey”